Lark Street District & Central Avenue District
Alacrity Frame Workshop
215 Lark Street Albany, NY 12210Featuring: Efthimio Stoja
- The Hudson River School: Landscape Paintings from the Albany Institute
- 2017 Exhibition by Artists of the Mohawk Hudson Region
- 6PM: Artists of the Mohawk Hudson Region gallery talks with George Dirolf, Richard Garrison, Mame Kennedy, and Paul Sattler (subject to change).
Bombers Burrito Bar
258 Lark Street Albany, NY 12210Featuring:
- $3 Dos Equis Drafts
- $6 Original Margaritas
Capital Wine & Spirits
348 State Street Albany, NY 12210
200 Washington Avenue, NY 12210 (Former Key Bank Building)
Madison Ave Benefit Art Show and Silent Auction
This First Friday event is to rally the community to support the victims of the fire that occurred on Madison Ave through the celebration of art and to raise donations for those families.
A five dollar donation at the door includes beverages and appetizers. There will be a silent art auction and prize raffles with 100% of proceeds going to the victims as well as the door donation. 30% of all artist sales will be donated as well.
- Live Music provided by: Carl Daniels, Rich Sarnacki, Stephen Stewart
- Featured Artists: Cat Jones, Amanda Mellinger, John Daubney
- Art by: Osker, Allison Gregory, W. David Lilley Jr., And more TBA
- Catering provided by: Sunhee's Farm and Kitchen, Kanters Deli
Elissa Halloran Designs
229 Lark Street Albany, NY 12210NEIGH!!!!! 15% off all horse items!!!
299 Lark Street Albany, NY 1221025% off Storewide for 1st Friday!!!!
301 Lark Street, NY 12210
Highlighting and supporting local artists on the 1st Friday of each month. Featured artist for August are:
- Elinur Danon, a contemporary abstract artist that seeks to create dynamic pieces with powerful colors and contrast, primarily using acrylic paint. The added beauty of these creations is that the orientation of the piece is entirely up to its owner, with different angles allowing for different effects to be perceived in the art - an optical illusion of sorts. As such, the art can change with the mood of its owner, giving each piece endless possibilities of interpretation”.
- DTrae Carter is an Albany based freelance photographer who has worked for an assortment of clients, including local businesses, restaurants, and high profile events and has had work featured in the Times Union. Almost 5 years ago, DTrae’s friend gifted him a couple of dusty, but functional, Pentax K-1000s that were otherwise going to be thrown away. His “waste not, want not” mantra kicked in immediately as he was eager to put these instruments to use. These cameras would be his tools to record the romantic and helter-skelter world where we dream and live. Switching back and forth between film and digital, DTrae incorporates a mixture of cameras to seize the natural mood in his own unique way.
Beyond Lark Street
African American Cultural Center Of The Capital Region
135 South Pearl Street Albany, NY 12210
- Black Dimensions in Art, Inc. presents: The photography of Clifford Oliver
- “Polo and Expression: 20 Years of Saratoga Polo”
- Opening Reception
56 Second Street Albany, NY 12210
- Open hours for Impressive: 3PM to 6PM
- Lights Up Productions Present: Into the Woods
- Tickets are $10
- Doors open at6:30PM
- Show starts at7PM
- 42 N. Swan 5-8pm
- Solo Exhibition by Artist Sion Hardy
Albany Center Gallery
488 Broadway Albany, NY 12207Passage
Artists include: Joan Dix Blair, Annie Bissett, Thorsten Dennerline, Nancy Haver, Sarah Pike, Nori Pepe, Mary Ellen Riell and Sandy Wimer
Curated by Alana Akacki
GreatFinds Thrift Boutique
260 Washington Ave Albany, NY 12210Artful Windows: "30 and Fabulous" Great Finds Thrift Boutique 30th Anniversary! Join us for Light refreshments and Sale Event to celebrate!
After 1st Friday
Albany First Friday Swing Dance
25 South Allen Street Albany, NY 12208
- Band: Doc Scanlon
- Free Swing Dance LESSON at 7 - 8pm, no partner needed
- DANCE to the Doc Scanlon band from 8 - 11pm
- Admission including lesson: General $15; Dance Flurry members $12; Seniors/Students $10.
L.A.X. Restaurant & Lounge
203-207 Lark Street Albany, NY 12210Live music from 7 - 10pm and $5 margarita specials.
- 1st Friday Albany